The eBike Adoption Programme (eAP) is to assist larger employers to encourage the use of e-Bikes as a practical option for commuting, or for use as an alternative form of transportation.
How can eBikes help business?
Costs – Through the adoption of more efficient transport methods and reduction in car parking levies and charges
- Time – Reducing desk-desk travel time through car congestion and parking space location delays
Productivity – Increasing service miles covered per working shift
- Meeting governance and CSR targets – Reducing CO2 emissions, improving health and wellbeing outcomes
- Staff happiness – Not having to fight traffic to get to work makes people happier!
Use case examples
- Police patrolling
- GP home visits
- Inter-office transportation
- Parking space reduction
- Staff mobility
- Meeting environmental targets
- Urban courier transportation
What are the outcomes?
- Bike-share fleet – A pool of organisation owned eBikes that can be used for business transportation, encouragement for personal adoption of eBikes for commuting, or as an incentive/reward
- Long-term rental – Provisioning of a fleet of eBikes on long-term rental as an alternative to outright purchase, or temporary expansion of a bike pool
- Business transportation – Use as inter-departmental transportation or an alternative delivery method
- Staff purchase schemes – Providing self purchase of eBikes through salary sacrifice monthly payment, with staff and company tax benefit