I (Client) have carefully read this agreement in its entirety and understand its content. I am aware this is an assumption of risk, waiver and release of liability and I sign it voluntarily.
Please note, we are not responsible for the recovery of the eBike(s) in the event of an unplanned event that is outside of our control, namely:
- Rider capability – the rider is not capable of riding a bicycle effectively
- Ride schedule – the rider is not meeting their schedule and needs to abort the trip and not return the bike to base
- Battery discharge – route planning and preparedness leaving the rider without electrical power
- Puncture – an everyday eventuality associated with bicycle riding which the renter will have been equipped to repair
- Fatigue – the rider is not in a condition to ride a bicycle effectively
- Accident – where an accident prevents further travel
If the bike fails because of technical malfunction, we will arrange for repair or repatriation of the bike.
Rental Agreement and Policies
I hereby acknowledge and agree to the following rental agreement terms and conditions:
- Ride Electric (or) Agent’s eBike(s) are provided clean and in proper working condition and must be returned in the same manner.
- Instruction will be provided in the use of the eBike(s) including the particularity of the electric assist technology, battery charging, etc.
- eBike(s) are provided with a battery charger, but no spare batteries. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that they understand the limitations of the bike, range display, and travel within the relevant range. Clients envisaging journeys requiring the logistics of battery replenishment should discuss this with Ride Electric (or) the Agent and agree on an appropriate plan.
- eBike(s) are provided with equipment to fix punctures and perform minor adjustments. The Ride Electric (or) Agent will aid where possible.
- Helmets are included in the rental and are required to be worn always while riding rented eBike(s)
- eBike(s) are maintained in a roadworthy condition; however, it is the responsibility of the customer to check the bike before setting out on any ride.
- Client accepts the use of the equipment as is and accepts full responsibility for the care of the equipment while under his/her possession.
- Client agrees to return the bike in clean, undamaged condition to avoid any additional charges for the repair, maintenance or replacement.
- eBike(s) should be returned clean of mud and debris – normal road grime is accepted. Any eBike(s) not returned clean may attract a cleaning fee.
- Undamaged condition means normal wear and tear is accepted but does not include broken spokes, rims, bent rims, damaged frames, handlebars, seats or other parts from misuse and/or crashes. Damaged parts or components will be repaired/replaced at the shop’s discretion and Client agrees to pay regular shop rates and retail prices for components replaced.
- Ride Electric or Agent are not responsible for the recovery of the eBike(s) in the possession of the customer. This may be performed but it is at the discretion and terms laid out by the company.
Ride Electric Assumption of Risk, Waiver and Release Agreement
Assumption of Risk: I understand and accept that renting this eBike(s) and participating in bicycling exposes me/my child to many hazards that may entail unavoidable risk of death, personal injury (including but not limited to severe spinal or head injury) and loss of or damage to property. I also understand I/my child should be in good physical health to participate in bicycling, and I confirm that I/my child have no significant health issues that prevent me/my child from participating in bicycling. I/my child have no medical conditions, nor have I/my child been diagnosed with a condition that prevents me from bicycling. In spite of the aforementioned risks and acknowledgments, I hereby assume all risk of injury or loss of life to myself/my child and loss of or damage to property arising out of renting this e-Bike and participating in bicycling. I understand the inherent risk involved in using this rental bicycling equipment and accept full responsibility for any and all such damage or injury which may result.
Waiver and Release: In consideration of Ride Electric (or) Rental Agent renting me this bicycle, I specifically release and forever discharge Ride Electric and its affiliates, officers, agents, and employees from any and all liability or claims for injury, illness, death or loss of or damage to property which I suffer while renting this eBike(s) and participating in bicycling. This discharge specifically includes, but is not limited to, liability or claims for injury, illness, death or damage caused by the negligence of Ride Electric or its affiliates, officers, agents, or employees. It is my intent by the Waiver and Release Agreement to release Ride Electric and hold it harmless from all liability for any such property loss or damage, personal injury or loss of life, whether caused by the negligence of Ride Electric or whether based upon breach of contract, breach of warranty, or any other legal theory. In signing this document, I fully realise that if injury, illness, death or damage occurs to me while I am engaged in renting this e-Bike or participating in bicycling, I will have no right to make a claim or file a lawsuit against Ride Electric or its affiliates, officers, agents or employees, even if they or any of them negligently cause my injury, illness, death or damage.
I realise the importance of wearing a helmet. A helmet must be worn at all times. I understand that this activity may result in severe injury, including but not limited to spinal or head injury. I understand that this activity may result in hazards posed by other bicycles and traffic or road conditions. Ride Electric (or) Rental Agent has answered any questions I have had.
I also understand that I should not and may not participate in this activity if I am under the influence of alcohol or drugs.