Bosch Generation 4 CX 85nm Update
Our house favorite brand, Bosch, just released an update that is now live. It will unlock an extra level to those of you who are lucky enough to have a generation 4 cx motor.
Be careful. This blog is going to be a sea of facts and figures. And just a glimpse of what it may look like in our mechanics head…
Bosch is our house favourite primarily due to their after-sales and aftercare. Bosch treats us very well as a dealer; they provide us with a diagnostic tool, dealer training, as well as parts that are widely available.
Bosch released their latest Generation 4 motor range last year. This includes their Performance CX motor, their high-speed performance motor, as well as a world’s first cargo-specific motor.
These motors are the best on the market right now. They feature drag-free pedalling when the motor is not in use, thanks in part to the famous DT Swiss star ratchet freehub. It is 47% smaller than the previous generation and 30% lighter. Its peak assistance level is now 340% vs the old 300% (400% on the cargo line).
And now 85nm of torque. Thanks to a software update.
Generation 4 motors are designed around 110nm of torque. They are designed to be overbuilt and bombproof. Generation 2 motors had 75nm and were designed for 75nm (there were no gen 3 cx motors).
In addition, you still benefit from all the usual Bosch delights:
- A selection of Display options; Kiox, Intuvia, Purion, Neon, Cobi smartphone hub
- Electronic shifting integration for Shimano Di2, Rohloff, And enviolo automatic gear change
- Bosch’s highly advanced, unique, EMTB mode. Which Chooses the most effective level of assistance based on a number of sensors assessing how you are riding. Providing more power efficiency and traction.
- Dual battery technology
- 1 Billion Euros of investment
- 63% market share, and the dealer support that comes with it.
- Options for carbon belt drives to replace a chain.
- Lights and trackers that run off the battery.
The Kiox display just got an update to their mobile app to now offer directions and navigation streamed to the display.
The time has never been better to Join the eBike revolution! And the future of urban mobility.
Thank you again,
The Ride Electric team